The series The Army of Duchy of Warsaw has a long history. It is a project and creation of Ryszard Morawski, renown painter and well known expert of military uniforms. His excellent illustrations of military subjects were first published in the publication Relax in the 1970s. In 1992, the publishing company Bellona issued the album The Cavalry, the first album in the series The Army of Duchy of Warsaw. It contained 33 color plates illustrating uniforms of four selected cavalry formations: Chasseurs, Cuirassiers, Hussars and Cracow Cavalry. All plates were done by R. Morawski. Four years later, in 1996 Bellona published Generals and Staffs the second album in the series containing 42, color, full page illustrations. Henryk Wielecki wrote the text in both sold out albums, and Andrzej Rekść-Raubo did the illuminated text ornaments and endpaper.
After an eight years break, in 2004, enthusiasts of the Napoleonic Era received the third album ; Artillery, Engineers, Sappers. It was published by Pelta W. Chojnacki (2nd edition by Karabela D. Chojnacka). In 50 colorful plates, including 3 fold out pages, Morawski introduced the uniforms and equipment of artillery, engineers and sappers. It was the first publication extensively dedicated to mounted and foot artillery, engineers, sappers, pontooniers, and drivers of equipment trains. The author of the text is the well-known historian Andrzej Nieuważny, an expert on the Napoleonic era.
In 2009, Karabela published another album, Uhlans, Honour Guard, Noble Levy, Mounted Gendarmerie focusing extensively on 18 Polish and Lithuanian Light Cavalry units and containing 189 colorful plates by Ryszard Morawski. The text was written by Adam Paczuski, museologist, and an expert on Napoleonic Era iconography. The same set of authors, Ryszard Morawski and Adam Paczuski, produced the next album titled Infantry, National Guard, Veterans which continued the theme of army uniforms and equipment in the Duchy of Warsaw. This set of two books contained 165 color plates, 3 black and white plates and one centerfold showing the organization of the 22 brigades of the Duchy of Warsaw Infantry force in the period 1806-1814.